Thursday, November 17, 2011

Ordinary World

I'm Single, 17 years of age, 3 brothers, no sports at the moment, I play basketball, rugby, run track and football. I've never really had to do anything for myself, never payed for anything over 200 dollars of my own money. Not proud.
My worst fear, never finding success. I wake up, go to work, usual day nothing very serious or exciting. Walk home, counting my steps.
Take my key out unlock and open the door. Looking around searching, nothing there, nobody there.
Eat, put my dishes away in the wash. Get ready for bed, pajamas on and hop in bed. As I start to daze off I hear a noise, a cracking, like it was my front doors creaking. But I locked it, right? I swear I did. But all I do is grab the blanket from my bedside and throw it over myself and hurdle myself into the fetal position.
Bump, bump, click, clack. I hear the footsteps of that somebody that broke in. But it was a lot of stuttering. kind of like there were more than one. I felt myself cradling myself more and more I couldn't get out of myself. To scared, I whispered; "take whatever you want." Than my blankets tore off.
As my eyes creep open all I see is the shame and failure from my life, I see myself breaking up with that one perfect girl, myself thriving, but not for good. Those footsteps I heard were not of one, nor two or even three. Hundreds, thousands. Where did I go wrong? When did I go wrong? When did I go right? have I gone right?
I ask myself these questions as I stare myself in the face. The face not of success, but failure. Clack! My eyes creep open, it was all a dream. Was it? where is my life..

Will I ever find love?
Will I every find myself?
What is life, will I find success?

No comments:

Post a Comment