Tuesday, December 6, 2011

My Journey

I wake up every mourning, look at my hands and crunch them together into fists. I roll out of bed and look at my feet, I can still move. Another day blessed. 18 years before now, I was nothing. I wasn't here. Until a brave women gave birth to a beautiful baby. Now I serve her.

3 years ago, that same women that was brave enough to give birth now can't get out of bed 5/7 days of the week. Her oldest son is incapable of the responsibility of taking care of the family. So its passed along to the second son, that's me.
I have no problem with this. She gave me life. I can help with hers.
My mother is the women I love most in this world. She is always there for me to talk even if she cant do much. She is a mentor to me.
I've gotten to the point where I have 4 sports; football, basketball, track and rugby. But when my mom cant tend for the family, someone does. That gets in the way of sports when your having to drive to and from school and to their sports.
I got bad grades last year, so this year I was faced with the decision, to play football and take my brothers to and from their things, constantly being late and having to leave early and not go to some things because I have to take my mom to and from the hospital, not to mention never having time for homework. Or I could not play till senior year and help my family out and focus on school.
I found it'd be so much better to not play for a year, even though It hurts so bad to have to watch football being played each game and knowing I cant be out there.
I was rewarded with the top training in Utah for football to prepare for next year, they bend their schedules to mine so I can do all the work even if I'm busy.
My moms recovering and has promised I will be able to play any sport I please my senior year.

No comments:

Post a Comment