Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Forgetting About Gandhi

Sometimes I get scared
I forget who I am
I forget what I am here for
What would Gandhi say?

Would he say something about how there's nobody that can judge me but my god?

Am I really as bad as I think?
When I look in the mirror and see the tears dripping from my chin into my sink
Am I really this ugly?
Am I really this skinny?
Why cant I be bigger?
Whats wrong with me?
Why couldn't my dad have played in the NFL so I got good genes?

But than I keep forgetting
What would Gandhi say?

Could he say
Nothings wrong with you
Nothings wrong with any of gods creations

But than why do I feel so depressed all the time?
Why can some people play better than me when I know I work harder?
Why do I feel good some days and terrible on others?
Why do I even care what people think about me?
They cant change me
But, neither can I?
Am I stuck in this for my entire life?

When will I know who I am?
When will I own myself completely?
I know who I am though, Right?
I am me
Son of him
Son of her
Brother to him, and him and him
Friends with them
Look at how blessed I am
Look at all I have

There's a light in my dark and dreary world and its spreading
But is the last night I will see the light?

No comments:

Post a Comment